The term “Brand” is derived from the Old Norse brand “to burn” which means producers marking their brand identity on the product. A brand is an identity given to a product or service that differentiates it from other products or services in the market. Branding creates a unique impression in customers’ minds by giving interpretation to specific products or services. It assists your customers to recognize your product in the market more easily. The goal of Branding is to build a brand that signifies trust and attracts loyal customers. Branding helps in recognizing the features of a brand and establishing a brand in the market starts only when you give sole identity to your products or services.
Elements of Branding
The elements of branding are an important aspect of every business since it decides why your product is in the market and how it is unique from others.
- LOGO: The profile of your business depends on your logo. It acts as your brand identity. The very first thing that is observed by your customer is your logo. It helps in brand building.
- COLOUR: Colour is another significant element when it comes to branding. There is a psychology behind each colour, hence choosing the right colour forms a crucial part of brand management. The brand colours should express your company vision and culture easily. It also should signify the values of your brand.
- TYPOGRAPHY: Typography is a method of writing sentences or language in a particular style and font. Brands keep their font style simple yet elementary and consistent throughout their communication channels that suits the tone of the brand making it more identifiable and appealing.
- PICTURES: The images of your brand on websites and different social media platforms connect your brand with customers easily. The images are a combination of graphics, font style and colours used. The images that are clear, giving accurate and clear messages to your audience stays with the customer.
- TAGLINE: Tagline is a slogan given to the brand. It communicates about your brand to the audience effectively. Crisp, unique and easy to remember have a greater impact on your audience’s mind. Taglines represent your business idea more clearly.
- TONE AND VOCABULARY: It is very important for every brand to set the tone of their voice and vocabulary. Uniqueness and significance are the two pivotal parts of your brand, because the audience always looks for something different. Play with the words, Think of how you can use it in a distinct way and the perception you want your audience to have about you.
- FONTS: Brand’s personality and values depend on how you write for your brand. The Font style and size used on brands website, social media sites, brandbook and many more is selected very carefully because it helps in conveying a variety of emotions to the audience like funny, serious, etc. and it helps you reach your audience in a more broader way.
- BRAND POSITIONING: Communication with your consumer is very significant for positioning of your brand. Brand Positioning is who are your target consumers and what you expect them to think about your brand and why you want your consumers to think you are different from other brands in the market.
IMPORTANCE OF BRANDING
When a brand comes into the market the first impression is very important and it will depend on how you brand your business.
- BRAND AWARENESS
Brand awareness depends on how you build your brand in the minds of the people. People will start recognizing your brand only when they find something unique and of value in your brand compared to others in the market. Branding creates identity and makes you friends with your audience.
- BUSINESS PURPOSE
Branding serves your business purpose like answering questions like why you are there in the market and what is your main motive. This element of branding gives people the idea about your product and also why you are distinctive from others.
- HELPS IN COMPETITION
Branding helps in dealing you with your competitors across the market. Make your brand look idiosyncratic and apart from what other brands are doing in the market. It becomes very difficult for any new brand in the market to be the part of competition and the only way that can save them is branding.
- WORD OF MOUTH
It is foremost to build customer loyalty and trust since your loyal customers will always promote your brand through word of mouth and that will help you build your brand easily and get you more customers.
- INCREASE IN ENGAGEMENT:
Branding and recognition will eventually lead to traffic on your website. It will increase website engagement and traffic on social media pages more frequently that will help you grow your brand awareness as well as brand reputation towards the market.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
Branding provides employees with valuable information that can make their work easy and help them in brand building. They are a support system of every brand and they can connect themselves with the brand only when they have an accurate knowledge and also feel a part of it.
Your brand is a representation of your company, it tells people who you are and why you want them to come to you. The audience will first see your brand before making the purchase decision. Make sure you represent your brand professionally keeping your target audience in mind.
- CUSTOMERS WANTS
Keep your brand communication attractive yet simple for your customer to remember it easily. To build your reputation make sure you know what your customers are expecting from you.
- EMOTIONAL APPEAL
Connect your brand with people emotionally. Emotional appeal will make your customer feel connected with you and it will help you build a strong relationship.
- BRAND CLARITY
Brand clarity comes only when the message is clear and simple. Branding gives your audience as well as your employees a sense of clarity towards your brand. It answers all the questions of your customers easily.
BRANDING HAS HELPED COMPANIES GAIN BRAND RECOGNITION
- Apple with 4.8M monthly visitors.
- Amazon with 2.8M monthly visitors.
- Noon with 1.6M visitors.
- Sharaf DG with 938.5K monthly visitors.
- Namshi with 324.1K monthly visitors.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE YOU BRANDING MORE EFFECTIVE?
Brand image depends on how you portray your products and services. Whether it’s your regular customers or new ones branding will always make a difference for you in the market.
- IDENTIFY RIGHT TARGET AUDIENCE
Targeting the right audience is the most effective way of building your brand image. Before branding keep the demographics in mind and know about their preferences that will help you in making your branding guidelines.
- BUSINESS OBJECTIVE
It is vital to know what are your business goals and objectives. Setting up your brand goals will help you define if it’s a long-term goal or a short-term goal and accordingly you can plan for bringing your brand to the market.
- BRAND CHARACTERISTICS
Decide how your brand will look and how it is going to be perceived by your audience. Your brand is going to be on books, websites, social media and many more, make sure it looks appealing in all ways.
- KEY MESSAGE
Create your own key message. Keep it simple. Your message will decide if your audience really wants to connect with you or not and this is where your actual branding starts for your business.
Customization is an additional benefit that can add up to your branding. Customised products for your branding and marketing will help you in attracting an audience towards you, since they will see something unique and distinctive. Using custom fonts, business cards, posters, flyers, etc. will give a boost to your brand.
TYPES OF BRANDING
Branding is a broader aspect and is one of the salient factors for all the people who tend to start their own business.
- COMPANY BRANDING
A business consists of more than thousands of employees, managers, and leaders all of whom shoulder the company brand in some way or the other. Every company possesses its own copyright and the goodwill of every organisation depends on its brand building.
- PERSONAL BRANDING
Other than company brand some people among your employees or managers might possess their own personal brand that they handle individually. Personal branding is done to increase oneself reputation and also the reputation of their business.
- PRODUCT BRANDING
Product branding is where individual products may also have their own brands. For instance, Coca Cola is also sold in Burger King, which is a separate brand.
HUMD is a Dubai based in5 incubated company and GCC’s first printing marketplace. A platform for vendors and offline printing companies to sell their products with HUMD. At HUMD be assured to get the best promotional tools that help you in creating awareness in the market.
Branding is a presentation of your business and HUMD understands the significance of creating brand awareness and offering a plethora of products and printing services across UAE. HUMD with its custom products makes it easy for startups and established companies to build a brand image in the market.
If there is ever a best time to promote your brand it is now, and if there is ever a great place to customise the right marketing products for your company, it is HUMD.